Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Naturally Flavored with other Natural Flavors

I came in to work this morning and noticed this pretty pink can sitting on my co-worker's desk - So Clear Raspberry Flavored Sparkling Water from Walmart - and was intrigued if not, perplexed. The drink has 0 calories, no sugar, no artificial sweetener, no juice and the ingredients are carbonated water and natural flavors. So if there is no sugar, juice or fake sweetener, how does it taste like raspberry? And what the heck does naturally flavored with other natural flavors mean?! I was so entertained by this can I had to Tweet this picture to which I received a reply from my good friend @LizMcMedia who suggested corn syrup is the natural ingredient used to flavor the water. Good point, corn syrup is natural (but is it really?) but still, how do they flavor the corn syrup so it tastes like raspberry? Okay, I should probably go do some work now instead of worrying about a naturally flavored with other natural flavors beverage from Walmart...

No comments:

Post a Comment