Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

People Watching Should Be a Sport

In my last post (well, okay, the post before the poem), I talked about my love of working out. Another love of mine that you may or may not know about is my love of people watching. Since I arrived at the gym 15 minutes early for my BodyStep class today, I was able to fit in some quality people watching time. People watching is highly entertaining on its own, but add in a bunch of sweaty people trying to look good at the gym and you've got quite the train wreck to observe! The following are my observations from today's American Family Fitness People Watching Extravaganza!

  • A bathing suit top does not double as a sports bra.
  • Henrico Fire Department guys who arrive in their fire truck and work out together are adorable.
  • If women feel the need to exercise in spandex shorts, they should make sure the shorts are not see-through.
  • Similarly, if women plan to make shorts out of sweatpants they should make sure to cut them to an appropriate length for the gym.
  • It is not okay, in my humble opinion, to come to a step class and do your own routine while everyone else is following the instructor.
  • Unless you are the BodyStep instructor, it is completely unnecessary to have the special "BodyStep" branded shoes.
  • Men think no one else notices when they stare at girls' badunkadunks; trust me when I say, people do notice.
  • Hokies should continue to wear Virginia Tech/Hokie-related workout attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment