Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

This is not the first

I'm trying to get a handle on this whole blog thing. I can't make up my mind which blog service I like better. I got frustrated with Blogger because although it's entirely customizable, it's almost too much to think about it. I thought I had decided on Weebly which is great because you can drag and drop any elements you want. I wrote two blog posts there and then realized there are these pretty blog backgrounds you can add. Unfortunately, they don't work with Weebly. So here I am, back to Blogger, pretty background in place. Since I spent so much time working on my second Weebly post I'm going to re-post it here shortly.

My blog doesn't really have a purpose other than to document my crazy life adventures. I've been inspired by my friend who started a blog about the ups and downs of trying to conceive and my boyfriend who recently completed a 10 day tour de Americana. He used Google Latitude and Google Buzz to keep friends and family up to date on his whereabouts. I'm calling this blog American Honey because I like the song by Lady Antebellum. Its chorus says..."There's a wild wild whisper blowin' in the breeze, callin' out my name like a long lost friend. Oh I miss those days as the years go by, oh nothin's sweeter than summer time and American honey." I miss my college days and something tells me when I'm older I'll miss these carefree days of my twenties so I thought it was a fitting title for my blog.

Anyway, thanks for following along. I plan to try and post at least once a week and will do my best to stick to that plan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment