Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Boston is for BFFs

The great thing about best friends is that you can go days, weeks, months, even years without seeing them but as soon as you see them again you can pick up like you were never apart. The fact is, my friends and I are apart a lot - we're all over the country: Boston, Athens, Ohio,  Fredericksburg, Va., Fairfax, Va., Columbia, SC, etc., so I really appreciate the time we get to spend together.

This past weekend my friends Kate, McKenzie and I visited our BFF Amy in Boston. McKenzie had just celebrated her birthday and had never been to Boston and it had been over a year since my last visit. We spent Friday tasting beers at Sam Adams Brewery and Harpoon Brewery.
Beginning of the Sam Adam's tour

Barrel room

Look at those delicious pitchers of beer

Excited about tasting some beer!
These are the only photos I got from Harpoon and they weren't even taken outside the brewery, they were taken at a seafood restaurant down the street!
Lobster lady?

Absolutely love them
Saturday was spent cheering on our Hokies as they played Boston College. Thankfully we came away with a win (19-0!!) and had a fabulous time celebrating in downtown Chestnut Hill with some fellow Hokies we met before the game.

View from our seats

Celebrating with fellow Hokies

Amy with our new friends, Jacob and Andy
Our celebration lasted long into the night and we didn't go to bed until 4 a.m. which meant Sunday was spent recovering. Before we headed to the airport, we had a fabulous brunch at Trident Booksellers & Cafe. They have a fabulous Cafe Mocha and apple and brie omelet! Despite the delicious brunch, our experience at the airport was far from fabulous. Due to terrible weather, every single one of our flights was delayed. I was supposed to get in at 10:20 p.m. but I didn't land until 11:30 p.m. To make matters worse, Delilah had gotten sick earlier in the day and when Brad and I got home, she had gotten sick in her crate. By the time we cleaned everything up, it was 1:00 a.m. Needless to say I didn't go to work on Monday but I didn't even get to sleep in because Delilah got sick again. Thankfully the vet was able to give her a shot and some antibiotics and she's feeling much better.

Despite the flight and puppy drama, I had a fabulous weekend with my friends and can't wait to see them all again!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys had such a great weekend! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete