Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chokies - The Official Football Team of Virginia Tech

Ugh. I'm not going to sit here and bitch about how terrible the game was last night because it wasn't terrible. We had great seats, the game was exciting and Boise State fans are REALLY nice. We got to the stadium early and parked in the gray lot (where we had to pay) but it worked out really well because there weren't a ton of cars (turns out our section of the lot was actually the handicapped area), there was a path to decent porta potties and it was a short walk to the stadium.  We met some Boise State fans who made the trip from Iowa to cheer on their team. They kept wanting to pay us for beer and one woman told us she and the other fans were honored to be watching their team play against the Hokies. Also, there was an Idahoan senatorial candidate giving away free baked potatoes in another part of our lot, how cool is that?! So yeah, despite the fantastic tailgating experience, I am disappointed we couldn't pull off a win. Thankfully, we have an entire season ahead of us and our first home game in Lane Stadium on Saturday against JMU.

By the way, I didn't take ANY pictures before, during or after the game, except for three lousy ones of the field I took on my BlackBerry. Speaking of my BlackBerry, apparently the cell towers in the D.C. area can't handle 90,000 people trying to find each other to tailgate. To top it off, my BlackBerry lost all radio frequency from the time I left the game until about 7:30 a.m. I ended up having to run some random diagnostic I found on my phone to get it to work again and then was overwhelmed by texts, e-mails and BBMs (that's BlackBerry Messages for all you non-BlackBerry people).

Anyway, even though the Hokies broke my heart last night, I'm looking forward to the rest of football season and more amazing fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment