Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I went to Blacksburg and all I got was this lousy picture

Yup, that's the view from my seat I pay a lot of money for and it definitely wasn't worth it this weekend. I don't even want to talk about the Hokies' performance on Saturday, but I will say, I am extremely frustrated and disappointed. At least on Labor Day the weather was incredible but this weekend, in typical Blacksburg (or should I say Bleaksburg) fashion, it was rainy and cold. It was so nasty in fact, we left our seats at the end of the first quarter, watched a bit on the TVs in the south end zone and called it a day a few minutes into the second quarter.  Hell, when we got back to our tailgating spot, some JMU kids had taken residence under our tents for beer pong and I joined in with them. Also, can I say that I'm a bit bothered by the people who keep saying "I'm sorry for your loss." Uhh, my team lost a football game, I didn't lose a family member or a pet. Let's keep things in perspective here people!

Needless to say, I'm really not excited about next week's game against ECU. At least I'll get to see my my biological sister and my big sister in my sorority. By the way, some people don't know but I actually went to ECU my freshman year. It was a rough year that got better in the second semester but ultimately I decided Virginia Tech was a better place for me. Even so, ECU will always have a place in my heart.

I've got a busy week ahead of me at work - my boss will be in town and we're getting a visit from the feds which means I need to brush up on our corporate security protocols, blah. I hope it goes by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment